Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My baby won't sleep through the night...good for me!

I just came downstairs from comforting my 6 and half month old. None of my three kids slept through the night before one year. Depending on the day, of course, that's a good thing.
Having three kids under 4 calls for a hectic and energetic day. I feel pulled and always have someone on my lap at one time or another. But... the times at night when my youngest needs me, is time I treasure. He doesn't want to breastfeed, he doesn't want to burp, fart or perform any other bodily function, he just wants to be held. He wants to know he is safe, he wants "mommy time" The house is quiet, the chores are done (ok, so almost done) and it's just me waltzing around his room, in my 20 year old mu-mu tank dress, smelling his hair, nuzzling his cheek ever so lightyly as not to wake him. He's growing up so fast...
I may complain I'm tired, but I don't want to miss a second of this and I know how much I'll miss it the first day of Kindergarten, or when he graduates high school.
I've been through this three times and it never gets old.

1 comment:

Anne said...

It is an understatement to say that the pains of motherhood is in childbirth - it is only the start of the wonderful journey of pain and sacrifices, everyday would be another day to give more to your baby!